3.20.2014

Cowboy Caviar

It's almost Food Friday, so this counts, right?
This recipe come from my MIL. She has some pretty great recipes that I LOVE. This recipe for corn salsa is the best I have found. I bring it to any holiday event, party, cabin trip, or family get together that I can. My in-laws have found that if they want me to come to something, the magic words are:
"We will have Cowboy Caviar" and that's it. I'm there.
Seriously you HAVE to try this. You will never look at salsa again. Trust me on this one.
(Image Credit: Google)
Someday, I will be cool enough to put my own pictures up. Until then, Praise Google Images and everyone else's hard work!
Laura's Cowboy Caviar
Salt to taste
1 can corn, drained
1 can black beans, rinsed
2 large tomatoes, chopped
2 large avocados, chopped (add just before serving)
3 or 4 Fresh Limes; Juiced (to taste)
1 bunch Cilantro, chopped
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 envelope Good Seasonings Italian Dressing Mix
                   Mix dressing according to box instructions
(ingredients for the dressing as per box instructions)
1/4 cup white cider vinegar
3 Tbsp. water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
(instructions on box for dressing mix)
1. Pour Vinegar, and water into small bowl
2. Add contents of package, mix well.
3. Add oil and mix
Mix dressing and veggies together in a large bowl. Juice the Limes, and add the juice to the mixture. Add Salt to taste.
Serve with tortilla chips. Store in Fridge. Makes 3 servings.
ENJOY!
Tell me if you like it. What you would do different, or what YOUR recipes call for!
XOXO- Shanna



No comments :

Post a Comment

I want to hear your Lovely Thoughts!