2.11.2012

My Dear Aunt Liz

Last night, there was a horrible accident near Cheyenne, Wyoming, where all of my Mom's family lives. I was sitting peacefully on my bed at home with loved ones when I was aimlessly playing on Facebook. I saw a post from my cousin that sent chills up my spine. It was him asking for prayers for his Mother. It had no other information and I had one of those, gut hurting, feelings. I called my Mom, she was in a theater waiting to watch a movie with some friends. I asked her if she had heard anything that was going on. She hadn't and told me to call my Grandmother, as she couldn't. I texted another Aunt to see if she knew, when she didn't reply I called my Grandmother. After talking with her, she had no idea and told me she would call as soon as she found out. A few minutes later she called back in tears saying that my Aunt Liz was in a car accident and had just passed away. I couldn't believe my ears. Since I heard the news, I haven't been able to think of anything else. It makes me sick to think about what my Uncle Tony is going through right now, and their amazing 2 kids, Jared and Kara. Their spouses and the 2-almost-3 grand kids.

I didn't get to spend a whole lot of time with my Aunt Liz, as we lived hours and hours away, but I adored her. I looked forward to visiting Tony's house. I know this may not make any sense to most of you, but it will to our family. Liz and Kara always reminded me of spring colors. Strange? Maybe, but those two are the happiest people I know. They are not loud and happy, but soft, kind, and always serving with a smile. Liz loved her God, and it showed. I am so grateful for the knowledge I have of my God, and our Savior, Jesus Christ. I know she is in Heaven meeting her Creator, and he had open arms. She will get to spend a couple more weeks with her first granddaughter, who is due shortly. She will continue to look out for all, especially her Husband and Children and their families. I pray for the upcoming journey that will be hard, and full of tears, for my Uncle and family. Please keep them in their prayers, as they struggle to adjust to this new life.

Here is a picture of Tony and Liz (off Kara's FB): I love you both.




4 comments :

  1. Wow... Thanks Shanna. I will post your blog on Jared's facebook page so he can read this. What a lovely tribute! She is a great person and we will miss her kindness, her soft spoken way, her unwavering faith, her smile and her love... I hurt for my brother and the road ahead. We never plan for things like this and it will be hard. I can't even concentrate on things today as I too can't think of anything else... Thanks again Shanna for this post. I love you more! MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz was a great lady. She was so sweet and kind. I totally agree with the spring colors. They are always happy and bright. She will be missed. Thanks for posting such a nice post. Their entire family are in our prayers and thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shanna, I'm so, so sorry for your loss. You are your family are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so hard to lose loved ones. I'm so sorry for your loss, and your mom's family.

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear your Lovely Thoughts!