2.25.2013

Introducing. . .


Introducing my little Brent!! I can't tell you what a joy he is in our lives! He is 3 1/2 weeks old, and we are completely enjoying our little bundle of joy. (:

The Birth Story: I will spare you all of the nitty gritty...but lets just say....all of your dignity goes out the window when you have a child!! My goodness! (;

I went to the hospital the night of my due date: Jan. 30th. to get the prepping gel to start me into Labor. I know I know, some don't like to not start Natural. But when my DR. suggested it, I said, "Let's do this!" and I am glad I did. We pulled up to the Hospital finishing our Oreo Milkshakes, and singing "Bad to the Bone". . .  not how I always pictured I would be pulling into the Hospital! (;

We went home that night after I got the prepping gel on my cervix. (Basically it is supposed to thin you out more.) I thought I would get one last good rest before the baby got here. HA! foolish thinking. I didn't sleep a wink! I was having contractions all night. We were to go into the Hospital to be induced the following morning at 6 am. I finally dragged MacKay out of bed at 4:45 am to make a good breakfast for us, since we figured it would be a long day! I got ready while he make eggs, ham and toast! We packed our bags into the truck and headed out. The DR. checked me and was shocked to see that I had gone from dilated at a 1 the night before to a 3 just over night! He said he had never seen the gel work that good on someone. I was started on pitocin at about 8 am. At this point I wasn't sure if I was going to have an epidural or not. So we were waiting it out to see!

Contractions weren't bad for a little while, just a little crampy. Then they started hitting full force. OUCH. MacKay was up by me holding my hand and reminding me to breath! I have a bad habit of holding my breath when in pain...wonderful right? After a while the nurse asked once again, "Do you want an epidural?" Then before I could answer, she said, "It is probably annoying for me to ask you all the time! How about you tell me if you want an Epidural?" So then I asked her when the turning point was, when I could no longer ask for it.  She said that to get the epidural you had to hold really still.  Contractions without the epidural, it comes to the point where you are shaking and can't hold still. That is when they cant give one. So I said thanks, and kept pushing on through the contractions. In-between contractions I had a bad case of the shakes! As if I was cold, they would go away when I was getting a contraction. Pretty soon I couldn't go through a contraction without bringing my legs up and wanting to curl up into a ball, the shakes we getting worse, and I was in pain! I got scared, and finally asked for the epidural! 15 minutes later the man came in to give it to me, and I was able to hold still. It took about 15 seconds for it to kick in. What a relief it was to not feel the next contraction! The DR. then checked me and I was at an 8. AN 8!! In hindsight, I should have asked to be checked before I asked for the epidural, I could have done it! Darn it all. Oh well, it was pretty pleasant after the juice kicked in! haha. However little baby Brent didn't seem to like the epidural. His heart rate dropped, and we couldn't get it back up to the blue area on the screen. They took me off of the pitocen, and slowly his heart rate started coming back up. It was a scary time! All of that slowed my progress way down. It was about 10am when I was at an 8, after the epidural. My parents showed up and we were able to talk and laugh until it was close to time! My Dr. came in at about 1:15 pm. And we started getting ready to push, I was at a 10, and 100 % effaced. It was just MacKay and I, the DR. and my nurse. I pushed through a set of 3, 10 second intervals and then for some reason I couldn't understand, my contractions were off of the radar. So since I couldn't feel them, and we couldn't see them, we had no idea when to push! So my nurse had to feel my stomach and guess when I was having a contraction. 20 minutes after the first set of pushes, we started up again, and from there it only took about a half an hour before our baby was here!

Now because the gender was a surprise, I didn't want the doctor to tell us if it was a girl or boy, I wanted MacKay to tell me the Name we had picked out. Little did I know, little baby had the cord wrapped around his neck pretty tight, so they were rushing him to get it off, In the confusion MacKay forgot to tell me! After a few seconds that seemed like forever, he looked at me with tears in his eyes, all choked up and said "Brent" I started to cry as I watched the love of my life go take pictures of our little baby boy, and finally, hold him. It was a sweet sweet moment!

The hospital for the rest of the day and the next, was filled with visitors! We had fun getting to know our little guy, and having our family there to share it with us! We got to stay in a "suite" room, where we were able to have a queen bed instead of two twins, it was so nice! I wouldn't have it any other way. It was a really comfy bed, and I got to have my hubby with me, instead of in another bed! It was a big perk of delivering at a smaller hospital! (:

As for the last few weeks, we have had so much fun getting to know our little man! He is a pretty easy baby, sleeps 3 hours at nights, and 1 1/2-2 hrs during the day! Mama feels really good, and is anxious to start working out!! I have lost a lot of my pregnancy weight already, and have about 5 lbs to go to get to my pre-pregnancy weight. I have a feeling these last 5 aren't going to fall off very easily! Wish me luck! (;

More to come on this little guy. So keep checkin' back!

Here are some pictures at the Hospital!:

I look glorious, I know! haha, resting in between those dang contractions! 

Baby Brent, a few seconds old! Checking out his lungs.

Oops! MOM! Censored... (; 7lbs 2 oz.

First time holding my baby! Some skin to skin cuddles to warm him up.

First outfit! (: Look at those eyes!

Dad's first time holding his son! The two men of my life!

I got out of the shower and this is what I see. I love moments like this!

Mama and Brent (:



XOXO- Shanna

No comments :

Post a Comment

I want to hear your Lovely Thoughts!