5.16.2014

Fruit Pizza Bars- Food Friday!!

Ok, So I have compiled a few recipes to find {what I think is} the PERFECT recipe of Fruit Pizza Bars. I tried a lot of different recipes for the bar itself, and the topping. I can now finally say I have satisfied my OCD perfection of these Bars!! {finally...} However I am seriously the Lazy Chef, if I can cut a corner {or 5} I will do it! SO, I have two options for the Bar without the topping. There is the #1 Option I like to call: "The Lazy Chef Specialty" and then option #2 is for those who like to go above and beyond with their apron and spatula. I like to call it "The Show Off Edition." Ya, I said it.
So be that as it may, here is the recipe!

But can I just say, this is my go-to dessert. I make it for everything. It is EASY, delicious and you will be asked for the recipe many times! I didn't want to bring this up or anything, buuuuut, at a Ward auction for the Young Women it sold for $37.....soooo. Let that speak for itself. Oh, and it looks pretty. (;
Pinterest Fruit Pizza Bars




BARS: (2 options)

Ingredients #1- The Lazy Chef Specialty:

2 Sugar Cookie Mix bags- Betty Crocker

2 sticks of Butter, Softened (as per cookie instructions)

2 Eggs (as per cookie instructions)

Directions #1:

Prepare cookie bars as per instructions on package of cookie mix. Spray a cookie sheet pan. Place lump of dough on cookie sheet and spread evenly to all sides with your fist. Bake at 375 degrees, for 10-15 minutes, until light golden brown and a toothpick can be taken out clean. Cool completely.


TOPPING:

Ingredients:
8 oz Cream Cheese (softened)
1 cup Powdered Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
8 oz Cool Whip
3 Cups of Fruit: (I use, a mixture of cut up fresh Strawberries, whole fresh blue berries, canned mandarin oranges and canned tidbit pineapple. Sometimes I add sliced fresh kiwi. Any fruit would work, peaches would be wonderful!)

Directions for Topping:

Mix together cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth, then add cool whip. Beat until smooth. Spread Topping over COOLED bars. (Tip: Cut bars into desired pieces BEFORE you add the fruit, it is easier than trying to dodge, or cut over the fruit.)  Add fruit in whatever design you choose, serve immediately. Don’t place the fruit on topping until you are ready to serve. I have also seen these decorated like an American Flag for the 4th of July:




Enjoy!! (below is the other option for the bars:)


If you are looking to be more domestic, here is a from scratch recipe of Sugar Cookies!:
Ingredients #2- The Show Off Edition:
1 cup unsalted butter
2 cups sugar
4 Eggs
2 tsp vanilla
5 cups flour
1 tsp salt
½ tsp baking soda
Directions #2:
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing after each egg. Mix in vanilla. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, salt and baking soda. Add to wet mixture and mix just until combined. Spread on a greased pan. (13X18X1) The dough will be heavy and sticky. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes, until light golden brown and a toothpick can be taken out clean. Cool completely.
See above for Topping.


XOXO- Shanna


No comments :

Post a Comment

I want to hear your Lovely Thoughts!