12.03.2012

Thanksgiving in Vegas!

Thanksgiving was at my sisters home in Henderson, NV. MacKay and I, and my Mom and Dad trekked it down to Vegas for the week, and had a blast. Isn't that always how it is when family gets together? We missed Andrew terribly, and cant wait to talk with him in a month for Christmas! It just isn't the same without him! But we did manage to have a little fun without him. (;
Wednesday was spent preparing for the meal the next day. I was still traveling, so I got out of most of the cooking! My mom and sister slaved away, and made all the deliciousness!! (: MacKay and I got there around 6pm and we just played some games and talked till bed time. Thursday, (thanksgiving day) was eventful! First off it was also my sweetie's birthday. So we had a wonderful breakfast made by Linds and Dev. Homemade Scones, and my Mom made this amazing honey butter. Mmmm. MacKay received some clothes and a Willow Tree called "New Dad" it is adorable. See for yourself! (:

I know right? I LOVED it the moment I saw it. Anyway, after opening presents, we started getting dinner ready and veggin around the house. Dinner was DELISH, however after dinner when we were all talking and laughing, MacKay got really sick and was throwing up for a while. ): What a terrible day for him! He started feeling better by night. We watched Lion King (from the cute demands of Avery!) and then after a game of Ticket to Ride (BEST GAME EVER) where we got MacKay, Dad and Mom all hooked, after all being very cautious before. (; We then watched Breaking Dawn part 1, so my Dad could understand a little before he watched Breaking Dawn pt 2! Friday we got to go see Breaking Dawn pt 2. Seriously spectacular!!! I can't even tell you how much I loved it. MacKay and my Dad were thoroughly surprised! They thought it would be terrible, and they both loved it!! We did a little bit of shopping, and came home to get the Birthday Bash started! MacKay's birthday on the 22, and Lindsay's birthday on the 26. We had lots of yummy treats and played some games!! MacKay and I headed home late that night and didn't get home till about 2:30am. We then went straight to work the next morning where I helped him all day, (I told him it was bring your hot pregnant wife to work day...) hahaha. He is just doing some construction work around a cabin so I was able to help a lot! It was a fun day. That night we went to his Family's Thanksgiving Dinner. They postponed their dinner a few days so all the family could make it. The only thing it had that the Henderson's didn't have was yams...smothered in marshmallows! (yuck) haha MacKay was a happy camper though! (; And that was our thanksgiving! It was very eventful, full of traveling and lots of laughs and fun times!! My favorite part was being with my little niece Avery! She is such a joy!! I laughed so hard all week with her! I just adore that cute face! Here are some pics of our week!
Golly he is cute....
 BAHAH. Happy Aves. (;
 Giving Grandma kisses!
 Mom and her girls(:
 Aves did NOT want to take pics, she wanted to be thrown in the air...much funner!!
 Waving at grandpa in the window, while sitting on my huge belly...(;
 I didn't throw her very high compared to her daddy!! (;
 I love her sweet kisses!!
 Btw...the outfit came from her Aunt Shanna, and I even dressed her that day!! Having a girl would be so much fun!!
 See? I can't even compare to Daddy! (; Don't mind my dorkiness....I was making her smile! haha
 Fam picture for Andrew!!
Kisses for Gramps. (;
 Daddy and his girls! (:


XOXO- Shanna

No comments :

Post a Comment

I want to hear your Lovely Thoughts!