12.18.2012

Disneyland

The week after Thanksgiving, we had a wonderful opportunity to trek it down to Disneyland! MacKay recently got a new job in Spanish Fork. His boss, for Christmas, took all of his employee's to Disneyland! We took the buses that were offered. We left on Tuesday night at about 10pm. Drove all night and got to Anaheim at about 9 in the morning. We then checked into our hotel, and headed to the park! We got to have park hoppers, so we spent our time exploring and jumping from Disneyland to California Adventures. MacKay and I have never been to an amusement park together, and it was so much fun! I, of course, was pregnant. So I couldn't ride any of the big rides. Big bummer! I was kinda of scared to go, thinking I would be really jealous of everyone that got to go on the big rides, and that I would have to sit outside of the ride waiting for them. (wollowing in my sorrows here...) I am a huge fan of scary/spinny/adrenaline going kind of rides. MacKay's brother and girl friend were there as well, so I didn't want to hold all of them back! But it actually was a lot of fun! MacKay was a really good sport with me! I love him for how sensitive he is to me! We spent most of the 2 days in the parks alone together, which I can't tell you how much fun we had! MacKay gets motion sickness on some of the bigger rides, mostly the spinny ones, and ones that jerk you around. So he was kind of relieved he didn't have to endure through them with me! (; So we walked around, looking at shops, laughing and browsing through both parks. We saw lots of shows, (which MacKay was skeptical of at first) but turns out, he LOVED them! We loved Aladdin!!

It was really slow at the park for the two days we were there. Not very many people, so not long lines. If we were walking past a ride and it looked fun, we would hop on and be out in 30 mins! If there was a ride that I thought MacKay would like to go on, but I couldn't, I would send him on his way and wait to watch him! He only went on a few that way, because it wasn't too much fun going by himself! But he was a good sport. (: Man I am lucky!!

The first day, we hadn't slept too well because of being on a bus, then we went straight to the parks, so we were dead tired by the time the park closed at 8pm! We had a dinner with some of his other workers and their families. We ate at the Rainforest Cafe (expensive, but SO GOOD!) We walked back to the hotel and were OUT before we hit the pillow! haha.
The second day we woke up early and had to walk to the Disneyland Hotel (on the other side of the park from our hotel) We had the WHOLE Company (1200+ people) meet for breakfast at 7am. It was really good. After the meeting MacKay and I were still dead tired! So we went back to the hotel and took a nap. The park didn't open till 10am. But MacKay and I actually slept till 12pm!! HA! We go to Disneyland and sleep! (; We ate a quick lunch, and headed out to the park. We walked all day, and then at 8:15 we watched the wonderful World of Color. It was in California Adventures, and it was a projected show on the fountain water that was spraying up. I can't tell you how amazing it was!!! At this point my poor feet were so tired I could barely enjoy myself! (I had never had my feet hurt so much in my life! I am blaming it on the pregnancy! (;  )   MacKay was a sweet heart and kept trying to take weight off of my feet by lifting me slightly, letting me lean on his legs, (there were no seats) After the show, we found a bench and sat for a few minutes and then booked it to our hotel to get something to eat! We ordered pizza from our hotel and then we sat back and talked! I had my first experience with Cankles!! (Where your Calves, and your Ankles meet, and there is no change in width!!) I had retained a lot of water in my ankles from walking so much. I had never felt so fat in my life! My feet were HUGE! hahaha. It was quite funny. They didn't go down for like a week!
The next morning we got up and were on the bus at 6am. Didn't get home till 8pm that night. We.were.beat! But it was so much fun!!

Here are some pics I took to capture our wonderful last Vacation before the little one comes into the family! (EEK!)

This is us on the bus, heading out. I was excited....and so was MacKay, he was just being silly. I had to put up the other "not posed" picture, because his smile is just adorable. (:
This was the parade in California Adventures. It was the Pixar parade! So cute.(:
Mater:
 A bugs life:
 Finding Nemo:
 Toy Story:
 Monsters Inc.
 This was the Christmas Tree in Disneyland!
 Us at the gates on the last night!
 The beautiful Castle! (:
 This picture is us on the bus on the way back. Here is the story:
It was in the morning, and we were all trying to sleep a little bit! I didn't have ear phones. (mistake #1) MacKay did (hence the mocking smile...) All the sudden, in my slumber I get woken up by a little kid's cartoons on a smart phone or something, SO LOUD, and in spanish!! I was ready to kill someone! I don't know what it was about the spanish people on our bus, but they thought it was ok to play things on their phone without earphones!!! Made for a VERY long drive!!!!!! haha. So that is why he is smiling, and I am putting a pillow over my ears....it still didn't help...by the way...(;

All in all, it really was a great week! We had so much fun together. Some people have said that during pregnancy, it sometimes causes problems between your spouse. That has been the complete opposite. I have to tell you that MacKay and I have grown together more in these past few months than our whole marriage! I am so incredibly happy, and I am even more convinced that he is the perfect husband for me. I love him with all my heart! (ok enough of the mushy stuff...(; )
Disneyland was a blast. The end! (:

XOXO- Shanna

No comments :

Post a Comment

I want to hear your Lovely Thoughts!