12.21.2012

6 Weeks Left?!

 I cannot believe I have a little less than 6 weeks left until our due date! When the baby will decide to come, we have no way of knowing, but we are just excited that it is getting closer! It is a little bit unreal, and lets be honest here...I am terrified!! But whenever I feel overwhelmed and scared to death of what is to come, I get a little nudge in my belly that reminds me how excited I am!

A few updates on our life and pregnancy:

I have felt really good. No complications. I am so grateful for that! I am starting to crave chocolate, which is a little strange for me. I crave fruity candy (skittles, star-bursts...) but I don't usually crave chocolate, and so now I can't find any in my house! (probably a good thing...(;  ) I am starting to get back aches in the middle of my back. Which makes is a little uncomfortable to sleep, but what can I do about it other than just suffer through?! ha, I guess I will groan and move around a lot in my sleep, because MacKay will wake me up asking if everything is ok. I just reply, oh it's just my back! I have had a mild case of Scoliosis since as long as I can remember, so I am used to back pain, but  it hasn't fired up like this since sports back in High School!  Oh well!! It is all worth it right?!(: Baby Taylor is still moving a LOT! It sure does have it's favorite spot in my belly....at a diagonal across my stomach, so pushing me in all sorts of directions!! I am getting really anxious to find out what the little one is, a Boy? a Girl?  I just can't wait to find out! We will be having the baby showers after the baby is born, in February, or beginning of March!
The other day, MacKay and I were cuddled up on the couch, watching a movie. He had his hands on my belly, and the baby was really moving around. I didn't say anything, but waited to see what MacKay would think. All of the sudden he says, "Is it always moving like this?!" I laughed and said that is was off and on, but it happened a lot! He couldn't believe how much it was moving. Not kicking, just shifting and moving around. It really is a miracle!!

I just finished my last week of work, Aiding at the middle school in Ephraim, for the 6th graders. They were so cute the whole week! I got gifts and cards all week long, lots of "We will miss you" 's and "When are you giving birth" 's. hahah That was my favorite question. We got some cute books for the baby from teachers and students, and some gift cards! I am blessed! I will miss those kids, and the teachers a lot! I loved my job!!

Now that my job is over, we can make the big move up to Spanish Fork! Details still to come, but we are getting all packed up. MacKay grew up close to Spanish Fork, so he is excited to be back, and we are both excited to be close to his family! As well as an hour and half closer to my family!! We are looking pretty seriously at a house in Payson, a few blocks west of the hospital I am delivering at! So that is a blessing! MacKay has his own storage unit in Salem, (a mile or so from the house we are looking at) and so we have been moving a lot of our stuff in there until we can get into the house! We will sleep at his parents house for a few weeks until everything is finalized! MacKay has been commuting since he got home from Alaska, so we are just ready to quit spending so  much money on gas!! We are excited to start this new chapter in our life, and welcome our baby into the world with a new home!

Here are some pictures of pregnancy thus far, and some family pictures we had for our Christmas Card!

This is our carseat! All ready for the baby! Now we need to get everything ELSE ready! (;


This is me at 17 weeks compared to 28 weeks! I am huge! (; I can't believe the difference!


32 weeks:


33 weeks:



34 weeks:


Family Pictures! 
(MacKay was a bit onrey when we took these. He kept saying; "I can't fake a smile!" hahah. what a poo.







 
We hope these next 6 weeks go fast, & we hope you all have a Merry Christmas!!

XOXO- Shanna


1 comment :

  1. It will be fun to live close to each other starting this summer! And we can't wait to meet baby Taylor either! :) Yay, it's getting so close!

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear your Lovely Thoughts!