4.17.2014

Brent's First Birthday Party!

 
I don't know where we got our love for planning parties, my sister and I, probably from Pinterest.
Speaking of Pinterest, that is the brilliant inspiration behind this party. I had so much fun planning it. I know, I know, he is ONE! Why the big event? I will admit. It was for me. I enjoyed every moment! My talented sister designed the announcement and all the fun little signs. Enjoy the pictures!


Brent is the light of our life! We cannot imagine a life without his dimpled smile, his amusement when we try to stop him from picking his nose. His little hands bringing me his shoes in the morning saying "side, side" (outside...) his animal noises, his kisses, his obsession over his belly button. His little run, and how he stumbles but never cries. How we find bruises on his little head, but have no idea how he got them. Tough kid doesn't whine! We love his pudgy little hands grabbing the air to tell us what he wants. I love when I am singing him to sleep, he decides it is time to make the most noise, blowing bubbles, trilling his tongue, remembering how to do patty cake, and finally deciding to sing along until drifting off to sleep. Love when he wakes up he babbles and laughs to himself until I go to get him, then plays run away from Mom. I love how excited he gets when "Da" comes home, how he knocks on the screen door until it is opened to Daddy's open arms. Truth is I just love everything about our little boy. What a year! What a fast, hard, fun, year. The best year of my life. Happy Birthday Brent!! (in January...) I am sure there are a million other details I am missing, but that will be all for now. Enjoy!
 
































 
Pretty soon, he was DONE having the frosting on him. He wanted to cuddle me.....We rushed him to the bath tub!!
 


 
 
 
 
XOXO- Shanna


2 comments :

  1. haha love the pictures especially your face in the ones of you holding him after he was coverd in frosting! haha so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I love our little man! My little Mr! Can't believe he is not our Baby Brent anymore! So cute!

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear your Lovely Thoughts!