4.13.2014

Missionary December

Holy Cow. I think the reason why I haven't caught up on blogging is because the month of December had so.much.going.on. Just thinking about it makes me dread writing about it. But here I am, taking the leap!

First off, this December was the month of Missionaries in our small little world! First up, MacKay's sister, Sara! She left at the beginning of December. It was a super hard goodbye. Mostly because of my little one. He LOVES Sara. She came over almost daily. She really earned her much wanted title, "Favorite Aunt Sara" So it was really sad to say goodbye. As you can tell from the photo below. I know. Heart break!! 


 
Then we went and visited Santa!! Brent was truly intrigued. No smiles and no blabbers. Just interested stares! haha. Santa was shocked that Brent was showing no emotion. Must get that from his Daddy, we all know it couldn't have been from his mama! (;
 

Next up my Best Friend came home from her mission!! She went to Nashville TN, and we are SO excited she is home!! It was a sweet reunion, and she got to meet my little man. It was so fun, and he loves her!
 


 


 
These are some of my favorite pictures of all time! Glen (the boyfriend) was at the wrong terminal when Mols flew in, she was sad but hide it well! He finally showed up when she was talking to some old mission buddies. We documented her surprise and the sweet moment that was just for the two of them. It was such a perfect moment, I think he planned the whole thing. All the hoopla would be over and he would get to have her to himself for a couple minutes!! Brilliant. Well done Glen, well done.
 

 

 

 

Aren't they the cutest?
This is Jenna and I waiting for over an hour for her delayed flight!!
That is Love.

 
 
And the final missionary is my Brother!! He was in Brazil for 2 years. You guys. I know you know that missionaries are out for 2 years. But 2 years?! It's a long time! Anyway, after 2 very long years, Andrew is home!! The welcome home was so sweet. My parents picked him up in Brazil, so they had 2 fun weeks before he came home! Thank heavens because we got him all to ourselves! Here are some fun pictures of the reunion!! My cousin was there taking these amazing pictures! (notice the hilarious and well planned placement of the colorful posters in the back, "HOME WELCOME ELDER!!!" (; hahahahaha)
 
 
On the long drive back to Cokeville from SLC I had to sit in the back seat of a van with these two love birds....two years of separation. AWKWARD! (;


 
Home for Christmas was sweet with the whole family! For Christmas Eve we went sledding with the Thompson's and had the time of our life. Until Andrew dislocated his shoulder! hahah. of course he would.... Then went back to their house and ate soup and breadsticks and played the game Telestrations. YOU GUYS. You need to buy this game. Right now. It is so fun. We were dying of laughter. Enjoy these candid shots!


 

 
Daesha is in the middle and had no snow on her, Linds and I on the other hand had a lot!
 






Linds and Devin won the award of going the farthest!
 


 
Avery's face. Priceless!!
 





 
Candid.
 












 
 
Then home sweet home for the rest of the break. Lots of fun hearing Andrew playing the piano again. Music to our ears!
 


 
Christmas dinner! A picture with MacKay and not Mom. Then flip flipped. So fun so have everyone together! (:
 



Christmas morning was so much fun! I got a kitchen aid!!
 

 
My mom's beautiful tree!
 

 
And a Happy 11 Months to this cute boy!
 



XOXO- Shanna


No comments :

Post a Comment

I want to hear your Lovely Thoughts!