2.06.2014

August Happenings

August came and went way too fast! August just happens to be my favorite month. I am a little partial though, it's my birthday month! Anyway, lots went on:

Brent found out he is terrified of animals. This was his first experience with any kind of animal, and the picture is deceiving. He screamed his head off when Charlie moved! MacKay's brother and cute wife got Charlie, and he hates her. Since then, he is terrified of the following: Charlie the German shepherd, any yorkie, a stuffed ladybug pillow pet, a stuffed cougar pillow pet (Go BYU Cougs!) a stuffed moose, bear, and dog. Kujo and Shadow, MacKay's other brother's dogs, a yorkie/pomeranian pup and a lab pup. Needless to say, he is terrified. We are trying to break him in slower this time! (;

There were lots of pics like this:

I know. Can't get much cuter than this guy, right?!
 
We also headed to Cheyenne for a fun girls and kids trip! It is just too long of a trip to only do over the weekend. So our men had to stay home and bring home the bacon...Thank heavens for them right?!


My cousin had twins about 2 months before Brent was born. So they are so close in age, and MAN they are cute!! This is all the kiddos watching Dora the Explorer! (; Brent, Wynter(on her belly) Avery, and Ramsey.

We had many nights of bath time with cousins, and they loved it!

On the 6+ hours of a drive, as you can imagine, the kids started getting fed up by the end. Linds and I abandoned Mom and were both in the back trying to entertain! haha
 
I wish we would have got more pictures with all my family on my Mom's side. We don't see them too often, and miss them terribly. Next time you guys, next time.
 
After our long, eventful trip, Next up was my BIRTHDAY! I am a huge fan of celebrating. It's Brent's 7 month birthday? ICE CREAM! If I could, I would throw a party for having a good day. I just love to celebrate, and Birthday's (and things alike) are a perfect time to do just that! MacKay took me to a movie, Paranoia, with LIAM HEMSWORTH. Drool.
 

Lindsay took me to Olive Garden for lunch, and our cute waitress gave me a sweet note and dessert, even though they usually don't do birthdays.

And for Dinner MacKay and Sara took me to my all time favorite Mexican restaurant, Joe Banditos in Springville. It was a great day, and I got spoiled!! Did I mention how much I love Birthdays??

 
Then there was visiting Grandma Henderson! We are so grateful we live so close to her!! She is always a great breath of fresh air. We have the best conversations, and laugh till we cry. Brent just loves being at her house. Especially using her stepping stool as a toy along the tile.


And MacKay's youngest sister received her Mission call!! Sister Sara Rose Taylor was called to serve in the South Dakota Rapid City mission. She serves in many states: Montana, Wyoming, Nebraska, Iowa, South and North Dakota. This call is actually quite hilarious....MacKay and his younger brother Bryce were both called to the exact same mission, 2 years apart. The Montana Billings Mission. So as we were all awaiting Sara's call, we teased that she would get called to Montana. Of course the chances were next to nothing. However, there is a little tiny sliver of her mission in none other than MONTANA! HA! Crazy, right?!

Then we got to spend some much needed time away from technology for the weekend, and headed to the Taylor Family Cabin! We always love the trips to the cabin. Brent loved the little four wheeler ride, and fell asleep. hahaha.

We love the outdoors!
 
And a VERY Happy 7 months to this cute boy. (Ice Cream anyone??)
 
 
Look how this guy had grown! How did this happen??
 
 
XOXO- Shan
 
 






1 comment :

  1. I had forgotten some of these pics! So cute!! LOVE the pics!!

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear your Lovely Thoughts!