11.08.2012

Giving Thanks!

Since it is the month of Thanksgiving, I have been trying (like everyone else seems to be doing) to be pickout something each day that I am thankful for! It has been way easier than I thought, and I have trouble finding the "right one" for each day! I find now that after almost anything, I feel grateful for something. I am doing this "Giving Thanks" tradition weekly, I find I don't have too much time each day! So, here is my week 1 of being grateful.

Day 1:  I am thankful to be able to feel so good in this pregnancy. I was able to play some Volleyball on a league on Thursday, the first of November, and it felt great! I am so grateful I have been able to be, and do what I normally do. It has been a great 6 months so far!

Day 2: I am so grateful for my husband, and what an extremely hard worker he is! He works from sun up till sun down, and still finds time to get the little and big things done around the house that I cannot do. Including working on our vehicles. He is a great provider for our family, and I never would have guessed how great that is in a marriage. I fall more for him each day, and hope to be as great as he is someday! What a wonderful example in many ways, he is, and will be for our children! I can't wait to start our little family with him.

Day 3: I am thankful for my wonderful In-laws that I was blessed with! They are way more than I ever hoped or expected. They treat me with love and respect, as well as one of their own. I feel like I fit right in, and we have the best time together as a Taylor family!

Day 4: I am grateful for my Church, and everything it entails! I love my Savior, and am grateful and humbled for him to trust me with this little life inside me. I have tried hard to made sure I am ready spiritually to be a Mother. (as ready as you can be!) I love our Ward, and the wonderful sisters in Relief Society that have been so wonderful to me, offering any assistance! My old ward has been great as well, what good friendships I have built because of this wonderful Gospel. I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon, and the history it shares with us. It is fascinating to me, to read about these people and how much faith they had. As well as gain great instruction from the words.

Day 5: I am grateful for books, so I can get away from reality for a bit, and just read! I can get so wrapped up in a book, drives MacKay crazy! But I love to read!

Day 6: I am thankful for my AMAZING family. My Mom is one of the most giving people, and she cares about you with her whole heart and more! She would give anything for her kids. I can't wait to have her be a grandma to my little ones, they will love her and learn so much from her! She is an amazing person, and spiritually, I hope to be where she is with her knowledge of the gospel principles and the scriptures. She is so in-tune, that it amazes me! My Dad is the most amazing Dad. I can call and talk to him about anything, especially the gospel. We always have great conversations, and I love to make him laugh! He is a very hard worker, and shares my soft spot for animals! (unless it is cats...) He cracks me up every time I am with him, and he surprises me just as much! I cherish the relationship we have, and have a deep respect for him. My sister is my best friend! I call to rant, laugh, and cry. She almost always picks up, and if she doesn't she calls within a few minutes! She is always there for me when I need her, and she is a great example of a mother! I hope someday I can be as great of a cook as she is, and homemaker. She is also one of the funniest people I know. I love it when she rants on and on about something she is passionate about, or to watch her when she drives....or when someone else drives for that matter! Major road rage! (; She has a wonderful husband who I am so grateful that he treats her right! She has the most amazing daughter, who anyone adores. Avery is my favorite! My brother is on his mission right now, and I couldn't be more proud of him. We still have the best conversations (even if they are delayed for weeks at a time) he still cares about what goes on in my life, insignificant or not! He is THE funniest person I know. Everyone loves him, and you can't stop laughing when you are around him. He is beyond cool, and very sensitive to peoples feelings. He has the funniest temper, and I can't help but laugh when he gets mad. Or when he gets claustrophobic when he finds out he is locked in the seat belt. I can't wait for him to come home and meet my new little baby! He is a great uncle, and the best brother a girl could ask for!... Basically I have the best family ever! Be jealous!! (:

Day 7: I am grateful for my Job and how much fun I have doing it. Also grateful for the kids and teachers I get to work with. AND I get to be educated everyday, which I LOVE! I am grateful that both MacKay and I have jobs.

What are you thankful for?!

XOXO- Shanna

1 comment :

  1. Wow Shanna! This is amazing! I know I am not worthy for the comments you made but thank you! I am so proud of the woman you are! I am so grateful for the husband you have! I love you both and can't wait to meet your little one in January, hopefully not Feb! You are a great person and a wonderful example!!! I love you MORE!!!

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear your Lovely Thoughts!