11.05.2012

Halloween Goodness

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Well, a couple of days ago. Since my College years, I haven't had any reason to get dressed up for Halloween. This year, I am aiding at the Middle School, and they had everyone dress up. So I had to think....FAST of a Maternity costume. Something cheap...something creative, and something funny. I was stumped. I turned the question over to my adorable husband, who simply replied; "Be a Speed Bump"..... Of course? What was I thinking? (;

Ok so there was the idea, now how to DO it.....I thought I could wear all black, then I thought, "How am I going to get people to realize what I am? Hmm....be a road....how can I do that? Yellow lines down my body? Couldn't be the dotted lines, because of the obvious movement of my legs, so Double lines it had to be. But how to get the lines? Paint? Absolutely not.... then I started thinking like a True Taylor, and the idea came fast. DUCK TAPE! Went to Walmart, and sure enough, they had yellow duck tape. Genius. However I still wasn't satisfied, I wanted people to look at me and know exactly what I was, not take a guess. So I got the idea of the "Bump Ahead" Yeild sign.....

Finally I was out the door ready for class. Let me tell you, I have never felt so popular. Everyone loved my costume. Ranging from the Principle, to 12 year old boys. I was given compliments all day long! It was wonderful! That started my Halloween spirits. When I got home, (MacKay was to be at work until 8pm) So I cleaned, made Chicken Noodle Soup, and made a yummy candy popcorn. Find the recipe HERE. I found this wonderful idea on Pinterest, and could not resist. When my Honey got home, we curled up on the couch with our soup, and a Halloween Movie- Dark Shadows. Soup was delish. Popcorn was a hit, and we actually had a few trick or treaters! However...the Movie was comically terrible!

Here is a pic of my halloween(:


Bring on Thanksgiving!!! (:



XOXO- Shanna


2 comments :

  1. How completely awesome! I absolutely love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear your Lovely Thoughts!