11.05.2012

Official Announcement!

 Well...I haven't officially announced our little Families "News" on my blog...so here ya go!

My adorable Niece was kind enough to pose for a picture! (; This is how we announced our great news to the world! I am now 6 months along/ almost 28 weeks.

I started suspecting that I was pregnant 1 day before my Half Marathon, at the end of May. If you read my post on the Half. You read how miserable I was. It was terrible. I suspect it had something to do with this little growing Baby inside me! (;
About a week after I ran, I flew to Alaska for 2 months and worked with my Husband! I took the "test" at home and it came up positive. We were so excited, we couldn't hold it in for very long before we told our immediate family. All very excited. We made them wait to tell ANYONE for 2 months. They were dying. I would have had a harder time if we hadn't been locked away in Alaska, away from everyone! (; My first trimester was a breeze. It really was. I wasn't sick, nauseous, dizy, craving weird things...I was reading all these pregnancy books about what I was supposed to be feeling, and I wasn't feeling any of it! (other than the lack of Monthly Female Hell each month) I got scared and told myself I wasn't really pregnant, that it was my mind making it up, and that I would have to tell everyone I never was pregnant. It was a nightmare! (; MacKay thought I was completely ridiculous! He knew the whole time. When I got back to the lower 48, I was about 15 weeks along, and I finally went to the doctors office. My Mom came with me, and I got to skip all the disgusting, invading exams and skip straight to the heartbeat, since I was so far along! I was still scared they wouldn't find a heartbeat, however they did! I was so excited! Hearing the little putters of the surprisingly fast and strong heartbeat was a miracle. I wished MacKay could have been there. I was shocked into silence at the love that burst through me, for this little baby I didn't even know yet! 
 
The second Trimester was another breeze! I started feeling Pregnant though! So that was fun, I started growing and growing and I haven't stopped! I worked, coached, and played, all feeling wonderful. The only thing that was annoying to me were the claustrophobic, anxiety attacks! I found they would start when I was hot. The first one happened at a volleyball match in Cedar City. I was sitting on the bleachers when all of the sudden I was surrounded by girls, just talking and laughing, nothing out of the ordinary. We were waiting for the refs to get there so we could start. I started feeling like I couldn't breath, like everyone was talking way too loud, and they were way too close. I couldn't drink enough water, and I was so hot I couldn't even stand it! I just got up and went behind the bleachers and paced, breathing deeply until I could feel it leaving. I then climbed to the top of the bleachers, took off my shoes and pulled out my book, hoping they would leave me be for a minute! This has only happened a few times since then, but it is the worst feeling! Other than that, I was feeling pretty good the rest of the time. Here are some pictures of me in the 2nd Trimester!
 
 16 weeks


17 weeks

18 weeks

I stopped taking pictures then! I am now 27 weeks and 5 days along, I should post a picture, since I am growing everyday, I swear! (;

We had an ultrasound at 20 weeks, however we had the DR. kept the gender a secret!  So we are having a surprise, come late January (: The baby showers will happen after the baby is born. Yes we have names planned, No we will not share. (; Guess you will have to see what we have to find out!!

I am hoping these next three months have been as great as the first 6!  I wont be surprised at all if they get hard, I expect it to be more difficult! If not, then maybe the Labor, or the Child will be a challenge. (; 

XOXO- Shanna


No comments :

Post a Comment

I want to hear your Lovely Thoughts!